2020 was a year like no other. The unprecedented challenges and disruption in the COVID-19 world have affected each and every one of us.
This incredible moment in time has delivered some silver linings, providing opportunities for AgUnity to take massive action that has immediately benefited the collective.
The process of tackling social issues is complex - and developing a global “technology for good” platform that is relevant for 'Last Mile' communities is a sure statement to that complexity - however, with the support of our social impact community and investors, we are both empowered and enabled to make a real difference to people's lives. Our appreciation for your support leading up to and throughout this time cannot be overstated.
⭐️ Highlights of 2020 ⭐️
AgUnity Response - an enterprise launched to ensure supply chains and projects kept moving during the most critical moments of the COVID-19 pandemic
● The 1st AgUnity response project is underway in Uganda to support 8 agribusinesses and over 100,000 smallholder farmers (shout out to our program and field officers for an incredible inception report for Phase 1!)
● Rapid production and distribution of COVID-19 educational banners across Papua New Guinea, Indonesia and Ethiopia (mentioned in Dr Campbell’s YT channel as an effective way to support remote communities - shout out to our education team!)
● We also welcomed over 25 new, talented individuals to our team (and what a team!)
● Winner of the Best Pivot category in the Startup Innovation Awards hosted by YBF Ventures - a great recognition for AgUnity Response
● Winner of Startup Avalanche Pitching Competition (this was a tough contest, but our COO was a superstar reinforcing the validity of our concept for traditional investors)
● We participated in multiple virtual events and were shortlisted as finalists for numerous awards - a great achievement, especially with the world in lockdown - the number of applications received was enormous! Check out our Facebook and LinkedIn pages for the various announcements
Digital Farming Solutions to Combat COVID-19
● New contracts with USAID, GIZ and DFID – the world’s largest international development agencies!
● New contracts with Fairtrade - the world’s largest commodity buyer that is making the world a fairer place for farmers.
● New partnerships in Papua New Guinea, Australia, Europe and Africa - we continue to look for suitable organisations to partner with so please do reach out if you are an organisation working with remote farming communities. We can do it together.
⭐️ AgUnity in The Media ⭐️
● David’s appearance on Dr John Campbell’s YT channel has definitely been a highlight, discussing the essential principles for a sustainable future, illustrated through the work with AgUnity (over 20,000 views and counting!)
● Podcast appearances including “Why It Isn’t Working – Business & Tech” with Karl Wood and featured on the Sustainable Food Global Podcast with Oliver Nieburg “A Blockchain App for Illiterate Farmers”
● An incredible 7- part series with Joanna Inch from Hat Media, interviewing David on various topics including the creation of AgUnity story
● Multiple media features including “Making Smartphones Relevant for the World’s Poorest Farmers” interview by Katie Beasley at Next Billion
AgUnity Platform Supporting Trust and Transparency in Supply Chains
Closing 2020 with IMPACT 🙌🏽
Now is the time to ensure Impact is on the global agenda! To this end, AgUnity will continue to engage with political leaders to shape the regulatory frameworks, with business and investment leaders to amplify change and most importantly, nurturing relationships with remote communities so that we can truly understand their needs.
Gaining and maintaining momentum over the last few years, we are proud to say that this organisation is stronger than ever and ready to deliver on our mission to connect the 'Last Mile' and help to achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Although 2020 has been the year that has changed everything, having people like you by our side has reinforced our commitment towards making a real difference to the stakeholders in the global food chain.
We now find ourselves on the eve of true validation, with traction like never before!
In 2021 we will be celebrating our first lustrum: five years building and strengthening our record for delivering on our goals and finding ourselves more passionate than ever to continue the deployment of our technology in even more developing countries, achieving measurable and sustainable social impact at scale.
Thank you for your support!
The AgUnity Team